Nationally Recognised Course Code:
RIIOHS204A Work Safely at Heights
This training course is accredited by Fire and Safety Australia RTO: 22250
Our nationally accredited Safe Working at Height training courses are designed for persons who are required to work at height. Participants will develop skills to select height safety equipment and apply it to specific tasks.
Training covers how to work in accordance with Height Safety Regulations, Australian Standards and relevant codes of practice. Participants will have an understanding of Risk Assessment procedures and permits to work at height.
Participants will also undergo practical instruction in the correct use of height safety equipment. This Nationally accredited course can be tailored to suit your company’s specific requirements.
• OH&S Legislation, Height Safety Regulations, Codes Of Practice & Australian Standards
• Elevated Working Platforms & Scaffolds
• Case Studies from industry
• Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Hazard Control
• Management & Employee responsibilities
• Fall Arrest Devices & Safety Equipment
• Safe Ladder Techniques
• Equipment Inspection & Maintenance requirements
• Setting up a fall restraint system
• Emergency Procedures including Height Rescue Procedures
• Suspension Trauma
• Developing Site Procedures & Safe Work Methods
Practical Scenario’s will be completed which will be based upon the individual needs of your workplace. Eg. Restraint Systems, Fall-Arrest Systems, ‘Restraint Technique’ Roof Systems of work, Work on towers etc.
Duration: 8 hours (1 day) for full training course. 4 hours for refresher training course.
Assessment: Written & Practical Assessment
Where Conducted: At your location anywhere across Western Australia or at a designated Priority 1 Fire & Safety Training facility
Cost: Please call or e-mail today for a free quote