Nationally Recognised Course Code:
MSAPMOHS216B Operate Breathing Apparatus
This training course is accredited by Fire and Safety Australia RTO: 22250
Our nationally accredited Breathing Apparatus Training courses are designed for employees who may be required to utilise Breathing Apparatus Equipment. Participants will wear Breathing Apparatus and be taught operating procedures.
Participants who attend this course will observe a high emphasis on safety and emergency procedures. This course will be tailored to your specific type of Breathing Apparatus. Equipment such as Airline Breathing Apparatus or Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) will be taught based upon your specific requirements.
This course is only taught by experienced emergency services personnel. Regular breathing Apparatus Refresher Training Courses are recommended under Australian Standard 1715-2009.
• Hazardous environments that require breathing protection
• Relevant Australian Standards, Regulations explained
• Types of Breathing Apparatus
• Communication Procedures
• Risk Assessments and hierarchy of Hazard Control
• Breathing Apparatus Key components
• Calculating working duration & Emergency escape times
• Using Breathing Apparatus Control Tally Boards
• Breathing Apparatus Safety & Entrapment Procedures
• After Use Cleaning, Maintenance & Testing Procedures
• Search & Rescue
Practical Exercises will be tailored to your specific workplace and may include a selection of the following: Firefighting, Search & Rescue, Chemical Splash Suits, Fully Encapsulated Suits,Confined Space Rescue & Decontamination etc.
• 1 Day for Introductory training course (Normally included in Confined Space Entry 3 Day Training Course)
• 2 Days for specialised BA training whereby personnel are using them in a firefighting or HAZMAT emergency response role.
Assessment: Written & Practical Assessment
Where Conducted: Onsite at your workplace or at a designated Priority 1 Fire and Safety Training facility
Cost: Please call or e-mail today for a free quote